Free Shipping For Domestic Orders Over $100

User Menu

Your shopping cart contents

Cart

#52weeksofnature Photo Contest Week 22 Winner

The winner of Week 22 of our #52weeksofnature photo contest is Travis Kerner (@travis.kerner). Travis captured the last remains of a wet California winter as signs of summer are flowing into view. Travis has won a $100 gift code to hippytree.com and we are donating to the Surfrider Foundation in his name. Learn more about Travis below.

Where was the image shot?
Inyo National Forest, CA

What camera did you use and what were the settings?
Camera: Nikon Z6
Lens: Nikon 24-70 mm
Shutter Speed: 1/8000
Aperture: 4.0
ISO: 100

Was there any special preparation required to capture the photo?
Nothing too crazy... I only had to prep myself for the two mile hike in the snow. It was also my first time being at this location, so it took me awhile to find the right spot to get the perfect shot I wanted.

How long have you been shooting?
I've been shooting for three years.

What’s your favorite subject matter to shoot?
Landscape and Adventure photography.

Do you shoot with a crew or shoot solo?
I shoot solo about 80% of the time, the other 20% i'll have my friends out with me.

What excites you about photography?
The adventures and stories that come with the photos, and being able to show the beauty of the landscape this world has to offer in a single moment.

Close